Friday, June 18, 2010

Opening day!

There are approximately 1,032,389,702,435 parenting philosophies. At least. One thing we all have in common is wanting the best for our children. We've all heard it - "We didn't have _______ (car seats, BPA free plastics, etc) when we were kids and we turned out okay". Well, I'd like my children to surpass okay. I'm sure you would too.

My dream career is to be a small business owner. Specifically, I'd like to open a children's boutique that carries products that I love to use. I'm the mother of two small children. I don't claim to be an expert on anything but I can tell you that in the 2+ years that it took for me to get pregnant with my first I spent a LOT of time reading, researching and dream shopping for my future child(ren). Once my daughter was born I quickly figured out that all of the things that I thought were necessities actually weren't. Now that we have a second babe I've found that less is mostly more but there are definitely some fun extras out there that sure come in handy.

Both of my children were breastfed. Both coslept. One is in disposable diapers, the other cloth. I worked full time through my daughter's first year of life (with the exception of a 4 month maternity leave). I'm currently working three days a week as a meeting planner for a non profit. My daughter is on the verge of potty training and transitioning into a big girl bed. My son is on the verge of eating solid food and maybe starting to nap in his crib. We'll see. I love sleeping next to my baby - we'll see how that goes.

I have a few product reviews and a giveaway up my sleeve in the next few weeks. I'll be spouting off with my opinions on some baby gear we've acquired over the years as well as some toys, clothes and diapers. I love to share my opinions - I hope you enjoy reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment